How do you write a good answer in sociology? An Open to All Answer Writing Initiative!
- Discuss inequality with suitable examples
- what is gendered stratification? discuss with suitable examples
- Critically examine a functionalist approach to social stratification.
- How is marxism’s notion of class different from the Weberian notion of class?
- Discuss the ‘theory of cross-cousin’ in the light of the alliance approach.
- Is kinship a synthesis of biological and cultural elements? Give reasons for your answer
- Write a Short note on Gender and Kinship
- Write a short note on Double Descent
Research Methods Questions
- Describe the merits and demerits of observation as a method of data collection
- ” Interview is a process of social interaction”. Comment
- Discuss the problem of objectivity in sociological research
- Illustrate the examples of the difference between qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Economic Sociology Questions
- Critically examine Wallerstein’s world-systems theory of economic development
- Write a short note on the Domestic Mode of Production.
- Compare the nature of markets in simple and modern societies.
- What is Globalization? How does it impact consumption patterns?
Introduction to Sociology
- What is an example of a functionalist perspective?
- Critically examine the Structuralist perspective in the study of society
- How does the conflict perspective explain the social change?
- Explain how the interpretive perspective elaborates the concept of social action.
- How is sociology related to politics?
- What is the power elite theory?
- Analyze Max Weber’s approach toward the understanding of capitalism
- Critically discuss the relationship between religion, magic, and science.
- Examine the impact of feminist scholarship on Anthropology.
- How do parents influence gender roles?
- How Durkheim’s idea of Sacred and profane be used to understand contemporary
- “Social strain theory” of Merton.
- Illustrate with examples: Ethnicity and race as dimensions of stratification.
- The functional prerequisites of social systems by Talcott Parsons.
- Give an account of Weber’s conception of wert rational action and its importance in the
- In what ways are Marx’s and weber’s theories of class at odds with each other and to
To what extent can they be seen as complementary?
- “Durkheim was not the first thinker to attempt to make sociology a science.” Critically
- “Religion is the opium of masses and an instrument of classes.” Critically analyze.
- “Suicide as a ‘social fact’ is an illustration of Emile Durkheim’s view on society and
- These days, internet addiction has become an everyday phenomenon. Applying Mead’s
‘theory of self’ explores the phenomenon.
- Write a short note on each of the following in not more than 150 words.
(a) Citizenship and Globalization (b) Religious revivalism
- Elaborate on the contribution of religion to the development of science.
- Structural causes of fundamentalism.
- Write a Short Note on the Concept of ‘Power elite’.
- Is there any difference between social stratification and social inequality? Examine
whether social inequalities can be functional for society?
- Critically examine various ‘theories of revolution’.
- Explain the relationship between the nation-state and citizenship. Why has the nation- state become the most common arena for government?
We help you in writing your Essay, Coursework, Assignments, Research, Presentations Etc.