Practise General Knowledge MCQs
1. National Buildings Organisation (NBO) comes under
a. Ministry of Human Resource Development
b. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
c. Ministry of Home Affairs
d. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
2. The National Green Tribunal has recently directed that no vintage cars will be permitted to ply
on the roads of:
3. Who was the chairman of the 1st Finance Commission?
a. Shri N.K. Singh
b. C. Neogy
c. A. K. Chanda
d. Y V Reddy
4. Which one of the following statements about the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of
India is NOT correct?
(a) The CAG is appointed by the President
(b) He can be removed from office in the same way as a Judge of the Supreme Court
(c) The CAG is eligible for further office under the Constitution of India after he has ceased
to hold office
(d) Salary of the CAG is charged on the Consolidated Fund of India
5. Decisions of the United Nations General Assembly on important questions shall be made by way
(a) a simple majority of members present and voting.
(b) a two-thirds majority of members present and voting.
(c) a three-fourths majority of members present and voting.
(d) the consensus of members presents and voting.
6. Which one of the following principal organs of the United Nations has the power to consider and
approve the budget of the Organisation?
(a) Security Council
(b) Economic and Social Council
(c) General Assembly
7. Which one of the following bodies has the power to enforce international peace in case of
existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace or an act of aggression?
(a) General Assembly
(b) Security Council
(c) International Court of Justice
(d) International Criminal Court
8. Which one of the following Committees were appointed to study the problem of corruption in
public administration in India?
(a) Appleby Committee
(b) AD Gorwala Committee
(c) Santhanam Committee
(d) Rajamannar Committee
9. How many principal organs in UN
10. Which of the following committee formed to enquiry ” The assassination of Rajiv Gandhi”
a. Sarkaria Commission
b. H R Khanna Commission
c. Venkatswami Commission
d. M C Jain Commission
11. The offer to set up Constituent Assembly was first made by:
(a) Cripps Mission
(b) Linlithgow’s Offer
(c) Wavell Plan
(d) Cabinet Mission
12. Which of the following countries have an unwritten Constitution
(a) duty-based framework.
(b) right-based framework.
(c) entitlement-based framework.
(d) gender-based framework
reach the ground first?
(c) Both at the same time
(d) feather drifts away
A. Coal and its derivatives
B. Green Diamond
C. Residual that remains after Gold extraction
D. Petroleum and its derivatives
A. Southeast Asia
C. Central America
B. World Bank
D. International Energy Agency
D. South Korea
A. Procurement of goods by government departments
B. Animal Husbandry
C. Procurement of Pulses
D. Citizen Charter
A. Ganga River
B. Brahmaputra River
C. Krishna River
D. Indus River
A. Paid advertisements for an election campaign.
B. Division of seats in the Upper house.
C. Horse trading in council elections.
D. Disqualification of conviction for long sentences.
A. India, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and New Zealand
B. India, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Iraq
C. India, Australia, Iran, Indonesia, and Thailand
D. India, China, Singapore, Mauritius, and Madagascar.
A. Organic Farming
B. Ozone Depletion
C. World Trade Organization
D. Cyber Security
A. United Nations Environment Programme
C. World Bank
D. United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
C. Andhra Pradesh
A. Tamil Nadu
38. The Oxford Word of the Year 2019 is ?a. Climate Strike
b. Climate Action
c. Climate Emergency
d. Climate change
39. The first Factories Act for India was enacted in the year:
40. What is a ‘Wild – Cat’ strike?
a. a strike that is started by a group of workers without the approval of their union.
b. a strike that is started by a group of workers with the approval of their union.
c. a strike by union leaders
d. b and c
41. What is “Slow Down” Strike?
a. Employees deliberately reduce productivity or efficiency by doing duties slowly.
b. Employees come late to the factory.
c. a and b
42. Who among the following was the first President of the All India Trade Union Congress?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) N M Joshi
(c) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
(d) Lala Lajpat Rai
43. ” Learning How to Fly: Life Lessons for the Youth” book written by?
a. Swami Vivekananda
b. Abdul Kallam
c. Mahatma Gandhi
44. ” The God of Small Things” Novel by?
a. Abdul Kallam
b. RK Narayan
c. Arundhati Roy
d. Aravind Adiga
45. Who was the first UPSC Chairman
a. Sir Ross Barker
b. Sir F.W. Robertson
c. Sh. H.K.L. Capoor
46. Who was the first recipient of the Jnanpith Award?
a. Amar Kant
b. G. Sankara Kurup
c. Kedarnath Singh
47. When was Postel Index Number PIN Introduced in India?
48. Who was the first actress who was nominated as a member of Rajya Sabha?
a. Sri Devi
b. Sushmita Sen
c. Nargis Dutt
49. In which country was paper currency first used?
50. When was the International Maritime Organization established?
53. ‘DHRUV’ comes under
a. Ministry of Human Resource Development
b. Ministry of Home Affairs
c. NITI Aayog
d. Skill India
54. What is the theme of World Wetlands Day 2020
a. Wetlands and Management
b. Wetlands are everything
c. Wetlands and Life
d. Wetlands and Biodiversity
55. At present how many Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) in India?
56. August 29 is celebrated in India as National Sports Day to mark the birth anniversary of:
(a) Milkha Singh
(b) P T Usha
(c) Dhyan Chand
(d) E D Solkar
57. The expression, ‘rarest of rare’ is associated with:
(b) death penalty.
58. NABARD stands for
(a) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
(b) National Banking Association for Rural Development
(c) National Business And Rental Division
(d) National Building Agriculture Reforms Division
59. ‘Project Loon’, an initiative to provide internet connectivity using balloons is operated by:
60. The Headquarters of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is located at:
61. ‘Mitra Shakti’ is a joint training exercise between the Indian Army and:
(a) US Army.
(b) Chinese Army.
(c) Sri Lankan Army.
(d) Bangladesh Army
62. ‘Cobra Gold’, a multilateral amphibious military exercise is held every year in:
(c) The USA.
63. Which one of the following portfolios were held by Dr Rajendra Prasad in the Interim Government
formed in India in the year 1946?
(b) External Affairs and Commonwealth Nations
(c) Food and Agriculture
(d) Human Resources
64. Who among the following signed the Jammu and Kashmir’s Instrument of Accession with India?
(a) Hari Singh
(b) Sheikh Abdullah
(c) Karan Singh
(d) Afzal Beg
65. Who is called the father of Operation Flood in India?
a. M. S. Swaminathan
C) Madhya Pradesh
a. Dhondo Keshav Karve
72. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) located in which state ?
73. National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) located at
3. Pacific Salmon fish
(Protection) Act, 1972 headed by
78. Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) located at
A. Himachal Pradesh
D. West Bengal
A. Conservation International
B. World Wide Fund for Nature
D. United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP)
India’ or Self Realization Fellowship?
A. B K S Iyengar
B. Paramahamsa Yogananda
C. Swami Vivekananda
D. K Pattabhi Jois