Sociology and political science
• Aristotle characterized political science as an investigation of state. It would not be right to call political
science as sociology from the Top
• Topics Like Arab Spring and Tiananmen Square Incidents and All Revolutions were progressed toward becoming ranges of both political science
what’s more, sociology.
• Both Sociology and Political Science are being Influencing Society consistently.
• Karl Marx, Max Weber and basic school (Habermas, Lukacs, Horkheimer) draw out the connection
amongst sociology and political science particularly.
• To Marx, individuals controlling an economy, control legislative issues (base – structure hypothesis). To Weber,
political disparity is a well known fact crosswise over time and space and to basic scholars, legislative issues is
only the definitive portion of qualities in the public arena.
• Talcott Parsons additionally recognizes political part influencing society through a social frameworks approach
• Political researchers like David Easton have been propelled by different exponentially conspires and
ethics and sociology.
• Almond and Coleman attempt to see how comparable political framework talks in various in various
• even women’s activist sociologists to a great extent follow patriarchal components in political frameworks.
Sociology and History
• Contemporary history is not any more about laying certainties yet in addition deciphering them in an interdisciplinary way
. Press enter sociology gives the more profound comprehension of social orders from
the current past and comparatively, history has a few responses to social orders as we see them today.
• History has been beginning stage of numerous specialists.
• Malinowski achieved Trobriand Islands to examine primitive social orders
• To Weber, social history is an essential factor and social change and to Marx, all
superstructures are found on the monetary history of man. Press enter however sociology
profits by history, it ought not be fully trusted as various antiquarians show
realities unique. For instance – and Ramachandra Guha’s subaltern history is altogether different
from Bipin Chandra’s Nehruvian point of view. Thus, on occasion social scientist needs to
turn into an antiquarian.
• Contemporary diaries like financial and political week by week, Journal on jail thinks about,
monetary and chronicled survey, diaries on ladies studies and teaches like Indology
says a lot about interlinkages amongst history and sociology.
• Hence, Prof GE Howard apropos puts that social cheddar display history and history is past
• hypothetical limits between both the controls have covers and forward add to
its each other’s improvement.