Read this article to know about important UPSC Books for Civil Services Preparation,
Indian Polity by Laxmikanth, this book is a bible for preparation, keep your resources very limited and revise it frequently.
we have mentioned basic and standard books for UPSC Prelims and Mains preparation.
No need of reading all chapters in NCERT books, just look at UPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, so that you can get clarity on what to read and what not to read.
Basic and Standard IAS Books For UPSC Prelims
- NCERT Books Set for UPSC Exam (Set of 27 books or 40 books)
- History Of Modern India – Spectrum (History)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Geography)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (Polity)
- Indian Economy – Sanjiv Verma. (Economy)
- Shankar’s Environment Book
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey (CSAT – Paper 2: Analytical Reasoning)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal (CSAT Paper 2: Reasoning)
Some more IAS Books for UPSC Mains
- Norman Lowe (World History – GS1)
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja. (Indian Society – GS1)
- Governance in India for CSE. (Governance – GS2)
- International Relations
- India’s National Security: A Reader. (Internal Security – GS3)
- IAS Mains General Studies (Paper-1,2,3,4) Paperback – 2017
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. ( Ethics – GS4)
- Topics like Disaster Management, Security, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, etc, no need of reading specific books for these topics, you can take coaching institutes booklets.
Additionally, follow anyone coaching institute’s current affairs monthly magazine.