How do you get an article published? Are you an aspiring writer or someone who has a flair for writing? Writing articles is essential in the process of mastering writing skills. Today there are various opportunities that you can grab to express your views and thoughts. In the era of digital publishing, there are a number of online platforms that seek your contributions that bridge across a broad audience. With these platforms enabling you to express your views, you can write as much as you want.
If you think that you require a lot of noise to compete against other pieces of writing on the internet you are wrong. Generally, two remarkably simple elements that make a good article: good style/technique and good content. Anyone with these two components in their article coupled along with originality can write. Everyone at some point has interesting things to say and can create relatively good content but getting a knack of good technique is harder than what it seems like. Content gets credited more than what it deserves but it is the style that makes or breaks an article.
SOME COMMON TIPS FOR WRITING A GOOD ARTICLE:
- Apart from being unjust to the original writers, plagiarism is illegal in the first place. The best way to avoid plagiarism is to express the main ideas using your own words and if you need help from other’s work try to paraphrase or rephrase other authors’ thoughts.
- Read Multiple Sources and avoid using just one source as the basis for your work. By reading from different sources, you will get a holistic idea of the topic as well as you will be able to combine all the information into the content you are writing.
- Usage of quotations and definitions is not considered to be plagiarism but do cite their work after using the same in your article.
Read: How to Avoid Plagiarism
The process of writing an article
Step 1: Choose a topic of your interest
Choose a topic that interests you enough to focus on it. After topic selection asks your teacher for guidelines which might help you draft the article in a better way. It is the responsibility of the author to think about your audience too while choosing the topic for your article. Following this, make a list of ideas or write a rough draft of everything you can think of. This will help you understand what is important and what must be addressed in your article.
Step 2: Research – The basis for your article
Detailed research on the topic is required before attempting to comment, review or appreciate it and a few topics might require additional research than what is usually done. The research includes reading old articles and books about the topic, references from media, take good notes and record quotations of well-known personalities from the field, anecdotes, interviews, expert’s opinions, updated and reliable source of statistics and definitions. Make a chronological outline of all the information gathered which will make it easy for you to access once you start writing.
Step 3: Start working on your rough draft
After gathering all the information, start working on your article. To draw your audiences easily, keep it clean, simple, and understandable. Opening your article with a chunk of long paragraphs will make it a barrier for your audience to understand. Keep your entry short, creative, and fierce by making a lead with one or two sentences which are easy to comprehend for even elementary readers. It is difficult to understand all the ideas in just one read so break down your ideas. The first few lines must primarily keep the audience engaged and also being able to deliver the crux of the article at the same time.
Step 4: Storytelling – Keeping your audience connected
Imagine yourself to the reader of the article and switch sides to under different perspectives of the same issue. We respond better to stories than to just plain theory. The art of storytelling is one of its kind and people just love stories. Trying to convince your audience with stories can keep them drawn to your work for a long duration than those articles that do not use human examples. Stories capture the reader’s attention faster than anything else. Avoid dry writing. This is by far the best technique to illustrate your idea.
Step 5: Read, Revise, Proofread, Rewrite
Grammarly, Ginger, ProWritingAid, and Hemingway are some popular tools can be used to automatically check your errors also can proofread everything you write. These tools will help you correct grammar, autocorrect spelling errors and even help you make your sentences unique and easy to read. But how do we find out about these errors? To correct flaws and mistakes read the article multiple times. Read aloud, rewrite, find a proof-reader and for this, you can also seek the help of a friend or a family member. If you get positive feedback from them it boosts your confidence. After you are done with getting feedback, make any necessary changes before publishing your article.
HOW TO GET ARTICLES PUBLISHED?
Everyone wants to get their piece of work published but there are certain criteria based on which an article is accepted or rejected. Some general guidelines to be kept in mind to help your articles get approved are as follows:
- Submissions must have original content. Some websites insist not to republish the articles submitted to them on third-party sites.
- To get your article published, the content has to meet the guidelines of the editorial team. Only if your submission matches with the scope of their topic and has relevance will be published.
- There are certain requirements that each content creator or editor except their writers. For example: Mentioning subheadings, using bullets to empathize on points for the reader’s convenience, prescribed length of the article (minimum number of words that are required to be used), and so on. This keeps changing from one website or another.
- Avoid bias, comparisons, product-specific/promotional articles.
- Citations must be included which may help the editors of the website in further clarification of the source you used to write the article. The author needs to seek permission from any outside source when they decide to use his/her images in their content.
- Any website has complete rights to reject any submission based on their discretion
- Once your article is accepted, thank the editor/website owner who has published your piece of work
CONTACTING BLOGGERS/WEBSITE OWNERS
- One of the easiest ways to contact your favourite blogger or website holder is to Leave a comment on their account or site. It takes only a few seconds to do this as it is a pretty simple thing to do. This way you also have an option can keep your identity anonymous.
- When you are on the blogsite or going through a lot of websites, they have a series of columns that you can find some of this will say “About Us” or something similar to “Contact Us”.
- Things get a bit tricky when the contact page is not obvious. In that case, social media can help you to get in touch with the blogger/website owner. You can try searching for them on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin
- Some websites and blogs come with a profile page or a home page which makes it easier for viewers and this helps you to get in touch with them easily. In here you can check for an email address or an account on another site.
How to converse with them:
- Try to keep your conversation casual– do not expect them to accept your articles, ideas, or thoughts just because you read their blog or follow their website.
- Twitter and email are the best ways to get in touch with a website owner.
- Try and avoid leaving an anonymous message, comment or content which is unlikely to be replied to. After all, would you feel good to reply to such anonymous messages?
- Commenting on blogs is the most convenient and safe way of chatting with a blogger
Publish Article, Essays, and Research Paper here
Sociology Group is a youth-led e-learning platform started by students with a mission to bring about a paradigm shift in the field of social sciences. We are highly motivated, and a hardworking team committed to making our viewers master the subject of social sciences. We are happy to provide you with an opportunity to learn and grow. With Sociology Group you can publish your articles for free and here we give our authors full credit for their work even if these articles are just guest posts. Your opinions and ideas matter to us and we encourage you to write for us on any topic relevant to any social sciences that you are interested in. We seek your contributions to this website that might help our audience. Your hard work and ideas are always welcome, and submissions must be original content. Your submissions must make the audience understand your take on the topic is and what is important. Here is the link you can go on to and publish your articles for us. or you can use the below-mentioned form to write here