Main Characteristics of Medieval India age:
- The period between ancient and modern ages is generally called medieval India period.
- In the Medieval Period, the growth of Human development was pushed up to a great extent.
- The authority of Pope and Church Increased.
- The Religious Teaching was blindly followed.There was no importance to reasoning in comparison to blind faith.
- Independent thinking was suppressed.
- The Religious wars between Christians and Muslims Called Crusades changed the course of European History.
- The Contact with the Arabs and the Influence of Islam resulted in changes in Literature and science.
- There was no strong centralized political authority in Europe.
- On account of the invasion of barbaric tribes, anarchy spread over Europe.
- Later, Renaissance was started in Europe
Above all are the characteristics of the medieval age of India
The Social, Economic and Culture Life of Medieval India:
- With the coming of Muslims, the people of different places and different faiths were mixed with the Indian people.
- The Society was divided into higher, middle and lower classes.
- The Bhakti and Sufi movements influenced the social-religious life of the people.
- The Workship of one God, Bhajans and Prayers became popular.
Economic Development in Medieval India:
- Agriculture was well developed.
- The Major share of agriculture yield was enjoyed by kings and landlords.
- Jagir system was prevalent.
- The Middlemen controlled the sale of products.
Culture Development in Medieval India:
- The Sanskrit Language was perfected
- Shad Darshanas were compiled.
- The Sanskrit Books like Ramayana, Mahabharata, and Panchatantra were translated into many languages during Akbar’s reign.
- Quran was translated into Persian Language.
- Kings Encouraged Music and So Instrumental Music was also developed.
- Amir Khusrau, Baz Bahadur, and his wife Rupamathi were famous Musicians.
- A new art Known as Indo-Islamic art was born.
📣 The Sociology group is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@sociologygroup) and stay updated with the latest Posts