List of Poverty Alleviation Programmes and their Objectives
- In 1952, Community Development Programme(CDP) was Started with the Objective of Complete Development of Rural Areas with people’s Participation.
- During 1972-73, The Employment Guarantee Scheme was Started to help weaker sections of the rural society.
- During 1972-73,Accelerated Rural water Supply Programme(ARWSP) was Started for Providing Drinking Water in Villages.
- In 1973,Drought-Prone Area programme(DPAP) was started for providing Groundwater.
- Crash Scheme for Rural Employment was Started in the year of 1973 for rural employment.
- Command area Development Programme(CADP) was started in 1975 for Utilisation of irrigation.
- National Rural Employment Programme(NREP) WAS Started in 1980 to provide profitable employment for rural poor.
- Primi Minister Rojgar Yojana was started in the year of 1993 to provide employment to educated people.
- Child Labour Eradication Scheme(CLES) was started in 1994 for shifting child labour to schools.
- National Social Assitance Programme(NSAP) was started in 1995 to assist below poverty people.
- Annapurna Yojana was started in the year of 1999 for providing shelter, sanitation and Drinking water.
- Swarna Jayanthi Gram Swarozgar Yojana(SJGSY) was started in 1999 to eliminating rural poverty and unemployment.
- Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana was started in the year of 1999 for the creation of village infrastructure.
- Ashraya Bima Yojana(ABY) was started in the year of 2001 for giving compensation to the labour who lost their employment.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana(PMGSY) was started in the year of 2001 to link all villages with pacca roads.
- Shiksha Sayog Yojana(SSY) was started in the year of 2001 for providing education to below poverty line people
- Valmiki Ambedkar Awas Yojana was started in the year of 2001 for the construction of slum houses in urban areas.
- Vande Matram Scheme was started in the year of 2004 for protecting pregnancy women.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) was started in the year of 2006 for providing at least 100 days wage employment in rural areas.
- National Food for work Programme(NFWP) was started in the year of 2004 for generation of supplementary wage employment.
📣 The Sociology group is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@sociologygroup) and stay updated with the latest Posts