Fatherhood is defined as the state of having one or more children. Having a son and spending time with the son, taking him to games and getting to know him, is an example of fatherhood. Fatherhood is derived from the word father. And the father is derived from Middle English feeder. There are various synonyms of the father such as dad, daddy, pa, papa, pater (chiefly British). It was first time introduced before the 12th century. According to The Free Dictionary, fatherhood means the state of being a father.
A father is the male parent of a baby. There are various types of father based on legal and social conditions. I am explaining some of them.
- Adoptive father An adoptive father is a father who has become or taken the responsibility of being a father through the legal process of adoption. These are those fathers who do not have any child of their own. So, for the purpose of generating an heir as well as for having inner happiness they adopt a child.
- Biological father A biological father is the male genetic contributor to the creation or birth of a child through sperm donation or by the process of sexual intercourse. The biological father may have a legal obligation such as monetary support towards the respective child.
- Stepfather A stepfather is the person who has married to the mother of the child. A child can have a stepfather in two different ways. The first way is that if the mother marries a man after the death of his first husband then the upcoming father will be called as the stepfather of that child. And in a second way, if a mother takes divorce from his first husband and marries with another, then in this way also the upcoming father will be called as the stepfather of the child.
- Posthumous father It is that father who has died before the birth of the child.
- Surprise father It is those fathers who are unknown about their child and comes to know after years.
- Teenage father Father who becomes the father when he is still a teenager.
A father has got a great responsibility towards its children along with the whole family. If a child is not guided properly then he can go to the wrong path. So, the father needs to guide its children from time to time. There are some fathers who make certain excuses for not giving proper guidance to their children such as they have no time as they are very busy doing office works and much more such. To a certain extent, they are correct but not exactly right.
So, in conclusion, we can say that a father has got a very important role in the life of a child. The entire future of a child is based on the caretaking of a father in one or the other way. In short, we can say that fathers are central to the emotional well-being of their children; they are capable caretakers and disciplinarians.