Insitu conservation is one of the types of Biodiversity conservation and it’s protecting the man-made ecosystem or protecting the plants and animals in their native ecosystems, it is the process to protect an endangered plant or animal species.
how we will protect ?
examples like national parks, sanctuaries, and biosphere reserves and also by sacred forests and lakes.
let’s come to National parks in India
National parks in India are strictly reserved for the conservation of wildlife and for also activities like forestry, grazing rights are not allowed, this park occupies large space with boundaries, like areas from 100 sq.km to 500 sq.km, The Important thing in national parks is protecting single species of plants and animals.
list of national parks in India
- Jim Corbett National park – It was established in 1936, at Uttarakhand, it has five divisions. First Zone Jhira is open to the public all around the year whereas other zones are closed for monsoon period .it has 110 tree species,50 species of mammals 580 bird species and 25 reptile species.
- kanha national park- It was established in 1955 in Madhya Pradesh. The park’s Landmark achievement is the preservation of swamp deer and Kanha tiger reserve was created in 1974 for project Tigers. Sambars, Gaur, tigers, etc.
- Ranthambore national park – It is a home for many reptiles, plants, birds, and trees. It was established in 1955 by the government of India was declared one of the project tiger reserves in 1973, it became a national park in 1980, it has tigers,nilgai,wild boar,sambar, hyena,chital etc.
4.sunderbans national park – It is located in west Bengal, During 1973 days it was declared core area for tiger reserve, wildlife sanctuary in 1977 on 4th may 1984,It was declared as National park , bengal tiger,fishing cats, wild boar,indian grey mongoose ,fox,glying fox,pangolin maaque are found here.
list of wildlife sanctuaries in india
Human activities such as harvesting of timber,collecting minor forest products ,private ownership rights are allowed in wildlife sanctuaries ,It is a protected areas which is reserved for conservation of wildlife species.
- Periyar wildlife santuary – It is situated in western ghats.Several types of species are conserved such as barking deeer,dole or Indian wild dog , deer, mouse and tiger .The number of birds in periyar wildlife santuary are Daters,gin caps fishers ,the malabar hornbill.
- Desert National park- It was established in 1992 ,it covers an area like 162 sq.km. There are several migrtory and resident birds such as eagles , harriers,falcons,spotted eagles ,sand grouse etc.Greatest attraction is the great Indian Bustard ,Fluora includes ronj,palm trees, ber,dhok,whereas reptiles are spiny -tailed lizard ,monitor lizard etc.
- Dachigam national park – It was established in 1981, Jammu and Kashmir, it covers 141 sq .km, Alpine pastures , meadows,water falls, scrub vegetation, grasslands, exist . Fauna includes musk deer, leopard, Himalayan scrow , leopard cat , hill fox etc.
4.kaziranga national park – It is located in Assam and was established in 1974. It has rhinos, tiger, wild water buffalo, swamp deer etc, There are tall elephant grass, marshland, and dense tropical moist broadleaf forests, etc.
Above mentioned national parks and sanctuaries in India, are the examples, we have many parks and sanctuaries in India, in situ conservation is important for biodiversity, it is different from EX-SITU CONSERVATION.
📣 The Sociology group is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@sociologygroup) and stay updated with the latest Posts